Impress Your Guests with This Delicious Grilled Chicken Shawarma Recipe
There's nothing quite like the smoky flavour of grilled meat, and this Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Tzatziki Sauce recipe is no exception. The combination of spices and the creamy, tangy tzatziki sauce makes this dish a crowd-pleaser that's perfect for summer gatherings. Plus, with the help of a charcoal BBQ and some essential BBQ tools, you can easily achieve the perfect char and flavour.
Charcoal BBQs have been a staple of backyard cooking for generations. They offer a unique smoky flavour that is hard to achieve with gas or electric grills, and the high heat of charcoal grilling allows for perfect sears and char marks on meats and vegetables. In addition to their great flavour, charcoal BBQs are also incredibly versatile, as they can be used for smoking, roasting, and even baking.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 pita breads
- Tzatziki sauce (shop-bought or homemade)
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, coriander, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours).
- Preheat your Landmann charcoal BBQ to medium-high heat (around 400-450°F).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
- Warm the pita breads on the grill for a minute or two on each side.
- To assemble the shawarmas, fill each pita with sliced chicken and your favourite veggies, then drizzle with tzatziki sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recommended Landmann BBQ tools and accessories:
To make your Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Tzatziki Sauce even better, we recommend using some of Landmann's essential BBQ tools and accessories. The Landmann Stainless Steel Tongs are perfect for flipping and turning the chicken on the grill, while the Landmann Charcoal Starter makes lighting your BBQ easy and hassle-free. And don't forget to keep your grill clean and ready for your next BBQ with the Landmann 3-in-1 Grill Brush.
With these accessories, you'll be able to achieve the perfect char and flavour on your Grilled Chicken Shawarma, and your Landmann charcoal BBQ will be ready for your next outdoor cooking extravaganza.