Vegetarian BBQ: Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Guac
Spring is here, and what better way to celebrate than firing up the grill and making some delicious burgers?
If you're looking for a meatless option that's still packed with flavour, then these Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Guac are just what you need. They're easy to make, healthy, and perfect for a backyard barbecue or a quick weeknight dinner.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 burger buns
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean the portobello mushrooms and remove the stems.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with the olive oil mixture.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill, gill-side down.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, then flip and grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are grilling, make the guacamole. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mashed avocado and mix well.
- Add the diced red onion, tomato, and cilantro to the avocado mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the mushrooms are done grilling, assemble the burgers. Place each mushroom cap on a burger bun and top with a generous spoonful of guacamole.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Charcoal BBQs have been a staple of backyard cooking for generations. They offer a unique smoky flavour that is hard to achieve with gas or electric grills, and the high heat of charcoal grilling allows for perfect sears and char marks on meats and vegetables. In addition to their great flavour, charcoal BBQs are also incredibly versatile, as they can be used for smoking, roasting, and even baking.
These Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Guac are a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional burgers. They're packed with flavour and protein, and the guacamole adds a creamy, tangy kick that complements the earthy flavour of the mushrooms perfectly.
For more delicious BBQ recipes and grilling tips, visit Landmann.co.uk, your one-stop-shop for all your outdoor cooking needs. Happy grilling!