Chef Lutz's Parmigiana
What could be heartier this winter than a delicious, traditional parmigiana?
Parmigiana, also known traditionally as Parmigiana di Melanzane - ooer - is a classic Italian dish made with thinly sliced, floured and fried or grilled eggplant layered with tomato sauce and cheese and baked in the oven. Our friend Chef Lutz has this great recipe for us, incorporating his Landmann grill.
Watch the video here, or over on our Instagram, and we'll post the recipe below!
Ingredients for your Parmigiana:
|1||Ball of mozzarella, sliced|
|300ml||Tomato sauce / passata|
|100g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1||clove of garlic|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
- Slice your aubergine, salt a little and then dip into the egg, followed by the flour.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown, and a bit crunchy.
- Grate your parmesan, and slice your mozzarella, and heat your passata, adding in the garlic and the seasoning.
- Now just build up the whole thing in layers like a lasagne. Start with your eggplant layer, then mozarella slices, tomato sauce and then parmesan and repeat.
- Put the whole thing either on the grill for approx. 35 minutes at a temperature of 160°, or in the oven for around 20-25 mins at 180°.
Enjoy with a fresh, crispy baguette or ciabatta loaf, and a delicious glass of vino. Winter warming recipe? Consider it sorted.
Thanks, Chef Lutz!