Halloween Special - Witches Brew Sangria
The clouds roll in, the wolves howl, the wind picks up. You've just put the finishing touch to this pitcher of Witch's Brew, and you're ready for Halloween fun.
The perfect finishing touch to our Halloween Specials - no use for a BBQ and a fire pit for this one, but it's the ideal drink for festive nights around the witching circle.
Ingredients for your Witch's Brew
|1 bottle||Fruity red wine (think berry notes)|
|4||Dark plums, sliced|
|250g||Red grapes, chopped in half|
|2 tsps||Black food dye|
|75g||Sugar - for glass rim|
- In a small bowl, mix your sugar and one teaspoon of black food dye together to get some rather horrifying black sugar.
- In another bowl, smash half of the blackberries to release the juice, and put to one side.
- Arrange your sugar on a plate and dip the rims of your glasses in to get a nice, dramatic effect.
- Combine all ingredients, including smashed blackberries, in a large pitcher.
- Gently stir together and chill as desired, then when you're ready, pour into your glasses and serve to your coven.