Halloween Special - Horrifying Honey Caramel Apples
A delicious treat, and a Halloween staple. I'll take a honey caramel apple please - hold the poison.
In partnership with our friends at Hilltop Honey, we've worked out a way to incorporate some of their bee-autiful honey products into the perfect dessert for your Halloween spread. Take a look below!
Ingredients for the Honey Caramel Apples
|250ml||Heavy whipping cream|
|6||Wooden popsicle sticks|
|6||Granny Smith apples (chilled)|
Plus whatever other toppings you fancy - Go wild!
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream and honey over a medium heat. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer until thermometer reads 260°. This should take about half an hour.
- Remove from heat; allow to thicken 5-7 minutes, ensuring to stir occasionally.
- Place your wooden sticks into your apples, and if need be pop in the fridge again to keep them chilled.
- Dip apples in caramel mixture, rolling to coat evenly. This is where you can roll into your other toppings too, again, coating evenly.
- Place on a lined baking tray, or plate, and pop in the fridge until the caramel is hard - minimum 30 mins but you can leave them as long as you like, or until you need them for the party!
Enjoy - watch your teeth! We know those fake costume teeth are great, but not for every day of the year...