Perfectly cooked pancakes on your BBQ grill
Pancake Day is a fun and delicious way to celebrate the start of Lent. But why stick to the kitchen stove when you can add a unique twist to your Pancake Day by cooking them on your BBQ?
Whether you prefer crepes or American-style pancakes, grilling them on your barbecue gives them a delicious depth of flavour that will impress your guests. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make perfect pancakes on your grill and explain why Landmann’s Pizza Stone is the perfect accessory for grilling up the best pancakes you’ve ever tasted.
Making Pancakes on Your BBQ Grill:
Grilling pancakes is an easy and fun way to switch things up from the traditional stovetop method. Start by heating your grill, and your pizza stone, to medium heat and lightly oiling to prevent sticking. Next, pour your batter and cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
A regular pan for American-style pancakes will do the job - and also gives you that prime flipping opportunity, but a flatter surface is best for crepes and if you're cooking a bigger batch. That’s where the Landmann Pizza Stone comes in really handy - we even have one for Modulus grills too!. The pizza stone is made from high-quality ceramic and is designed to distribute heat evenly, ensuring perfectly cooked pancakes every time. You might think, why use a pizza stone, it's not pizza, but that's just semantics. It's a multi-purpose tool, don't you know?
Check out our recipe below if you're unsure how to make your cakes 'n' crepes!
BBQ Grill pancake recipe:
- 180g cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (add this for fluffier American pancakes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 60ml milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix the flour, baking powder (if using), salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the milk, egg, and melted butter together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over mix, as this can make the pancakes tough.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan, or your pizza stone, over medium heat.
- In 60ml measures, pour batter onto the stone. Cook until the top of the pancake is bubbly and the edges look dry, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Pancake Day is the perfect opportunity to switch up your cooking routine and try something new. Grilling pancakes on your barbecue is a fun and delicious way to enjoy this traditional dish, and with the help of Landmann’s Pizza Stone, it’s never been easier. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and let’s get cooking!