Halloween Special - Honey Mustard Hot Dog Mummies
We've partnered with our friends over at Hilltop Honey to come up with this sweet and savoury Halloween recipe for you.
Far below the shifting sands of Egypt, our flavour experts discovered a secret - they went on an expedition to unearth this most ancient of delicacies - the Honey Mustard Hot Dog Mummy. Well, at least that's what we've been told. Either-way, these adorable, delicious and savoury-sweet treat are sure to impress at any Halloween party.
Ingredients for the Mummy Dogs
|6 hot dogs|
Ready made puff pastry sheets
Ingredients for the Honey Mustard (will make extra for dunking)
|65-85g||Honey (depending on your tastes)|
|45ml||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|60ml||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice (optional)|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
- Get your grill going and preheated to a medium setting - 150-170°C.
- Open your pastry, unroll, and press on any perforations to seal it together.
Cut the dough into 1/4 inch strips.
- Brush the honey mustard dressing onto each hot dog, ensuring they're well covered.
Wrap the strips of dough around each hot dog (this might get messy, definitely fun for the kids!) Here, you're looking to create a bandaged effect. Slightly stretch the dough and let it overlap and criss-cross. Leave gaps so it looks like a mummy peeking out from its bandages.
- Place each hot dog mummy on a skewer (might we recommend our very own Modulus Skewer Set, to make life easier?) and grill for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and hot dogs are warmed through.
- Stick two little candy eyes onto each mummy with a tiny bit of ketchup, or more dressing. If you dont have candy eyes handy, a little blob of ketchup will do fine, maybe a black peppercorn for a pupil? The design is completely up to you.
So we hope you enjoy this incredible and delicious discovery we've made. Be sure to tag us on our socials if you choose to make them!