Article: CORONATION RECIPE: Greg Wallace's Prawn Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
CORONATION RECIPE: Greg Wallace's Prawn Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Something a bit lighter, fresher and brighter for your coronation BBQ? Why not try this official Coronation 2023 recipe from Masterchef's Greg Wallace - Prawn tacos with pineapple salsa? Sounds delicious, right?
This recipe is enough for 3 tacos and, with a few minor tweaks, is the perfect choice for some easy grilling on your LANDMANN.
Taco shells x3
1/2 red onion
Handful of coriander
200g Pineapple chunks (fresh or tinned)
1 tsp Crushed chilli
Juice of a lemon
150g King prawns (fresh or frozen)
1 tsp Garlic powder
Pinch of paprika
Handful of rocket
1. Preheat your oven according to the instructions on your taco shell packet.
2. Put your tacos into the oven and cook according to the instructions on your packet.
To make the pineapple salsa:
3. Cut your onion in half (you only need half an onion for this recipe), then peel and dice the onion.
4. Pull the coriander leaves off the stems and chop them up.
5. Cut up the pineapple into small, bite-sized chunks and add it to a mixing bowl along with the onion and coriander.
6. Add the crushed chilli, a drizzle of olive oil and the fresh lemon juice to your salsa and give it a good mix.
For the prawns:
7. Mix the prawns with garlic powder and paprika until fully coated in a clean bowl.
8. Heat your LANDMANN grill to medium, and when it's ready, cook the prawns for 3-4 mins on each side until they turn pink.
9. Build your taco by layering rocket, salsa, prawns and a spoonful of sour cream on top. 9. Enjoy!
Dig in and enjoy, and let's celebrate this momentous day with a delicious feast!